Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Guest Post! Soji’s Heart and Her Fave Products


Hi all!
I thought it would be pretty cool to hear from other ladies from time to time about their hair journeys and adventures in style. So to kick off a series of guest posts…Introducing my lovely cousin known simply as Soji’s Heart, and her favorite products…



Soji's Heart's Bio: Once upon a time, the hairdresser of most of my life left the state. To my dismay, he turned out to be the only stylist who could get my hair bone straight, with no reversion, using a relaxer. I went to other stylists, who ended up straightening one side of my hair while texturizing the other side....and at quite a price for service that dissatisfied me. After that last disappointing appointment, I decided that I would let my hair grow on its very own. That was over five years ago. The idea came to me to go natural again because I had done so in high school, umpteen years ago. Additionally, I have a thyroid condition. A thyroid condition and a relaxer are not a good combination at all. Today, I am happy with my much stronger hair and mix of type 3C to type 4 a/b/and c hair. As a "natural" I am not into debating what makes one natural. I will front lace, weave, and wig it up as I please. Besides, I live in a hard water area. My hair needs a break from daily watering...and my hair answers to no one except me! Happy Natural Hair Growing!

Soji’s Heart’s Fave Products!

Leave-In Conditioners…

AS I AM Leave-In Conditioner
One good after the shower product I use is the Leave-In Conditioner is from the As I Am line. I find that it leaves my hair soft and that a little goes a long way. The product is also reasonably priced. I have seen the product in some CVS stores and it is available online.
I like the As I Am line because the models used represent Type 4 hair that many naturals have. http://www.asiamnaturally.com/index.html

“This natural wonder keeps tangles away and provides a great foundation for natural styling. It contains an organic strengthening agent, plus natural ingredients that promote hair growth.”

•Eases wet combing
•Helps strengthen hair
•Seals the cuticle layer
•Supports healthy hair growth
•Adds moisture and shine
•Prepares your hair for styling
                               •Especially beneficial if custard, gel or setting cream is to be applied for final styling



Taliah Wajiid’s Easy Herbal Comb Out
Green Tea & Sage Formula
This is a great conditioning, detangling, and curl defining     product.
                                                          
“Conditions, Moisturizes and Softens on Contact. Adds Nutrients for Stronger, Healthier Hair.”








Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner (8oz)
 I find this leave-in leaves my hair soft and conditioned. Available at many Targets. SPC Notes: I love that this is heat protectant…I’m intrigued =)

“Looking for a light product that is ideal for detangling” This is it! Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner seals in vital panthenol and humectants and acts as a protective barrier against heat styling and sun damage. Use it daily as a re-hydrator. Mist your hair in the morning and evening, and it’s great for flat ironing or roller setting fine hair. A ‘must’ for every bathroom.”






For Detangling…

 

 THE CLASSIC DENMAN BRUSH
Works best when natural hair has conditioner in it and is being rinsed. Also works well when natural hair has a detangling leave in product fresh from the shower.









 



 THE TANGLE TEEZER
Works best when natural hair has conditioner in it and is being rinsed. Also works well when natural hair has a detangling leave in product fresh from the shower.
SPC Notes: See my review of the Tangle Teezer here.


For Smoothing Hair…

There are two products that are on my essentials list: Taliah Wajiid’s Curly Curl Cream and her Herbal Style and Shine for kids. Both of these products I use with Denman brush, then do a final smooth down with a boar or natural hair brush.


CURLY CURL CREAM
“Non-greasy herbal hair cream that revitalizes curls and eliminates frizz. Conditions and nourishes hair while adding shine and moisture. Holds hair and styles in place. Easily shampoos out with no build up. “








HERBAL STYLE & SHINE
Green Tea & Sage Formula
“Hair Styling & Hair Repair Cream. Conditions, 
Adds Sheen, Moisture & Stops Breakage”

 














Thanks Soji’s Heart!! I can’t wait to try some of these products!

Are you interested in doing a guest post on Swirls, Pearls & Curls discussing some of your favorite products or styles? Email me at swirlspearlscurls@gmail.com !!!


Peace,
SPC

No comments:

Post a Comment